Dr Robert Honeybone's team at Mawson Dental Care, share their experiences of moving to the cloud with Dentally, from Henry Schein One.
For four decades, the Mawson Dental Care team have consistently provided excellent care in all areas of dentistry for local and interstate families. Our approach to dentistry is the same today as it was all those years ago when we first opened our doors. Dentistry with a gentle touch and empathetic care.
Why did you decide to change your practice management software?
What do you see as being the key benefits of Dentally?
Web based – allowing us to log in anywhere
Searching for available appointments is now very easy
HFO charges easier to deal with
Audit history, errors easier to keep track of
We appreciate it is early days for you and your team using Dentally, but do you have any feedback on the software and how you feel it is working so far for your practice?
- We have had trouble with our HICAPS/Eftpos machine communicating with Dentally very slowly. However, there has been significant improvement.
- We have had trouble with HICAPS terminals dropping off the dentally software
- We have also had trouble with emails not being received when sent through Dentally
- While replying NO is not an option on SMS confirmation, when a patient responds NO, the appointment gets automatically cancelled and when it happens on a weekend we won’t remember who was on the empty slot, until further investigation. So instead of removing the appointment, maybe mark it as cancelled or DNA or remove the NO response action.
- SMS confirmations when sent out count the weekend so we had to send them 3 days in advance otherwise, we may end with unconfirmed appointments on Monday. To ensure this is not an issue, we still end up calling them on Friday instead of just relying on the SMS confirmation.
Are there any features missing you would like to see added in the future?
- Group messaging would be great as we are only able to message one person at a time
- Notifications for tasks
- It would be handy if the icons for the appointments (Waiting/Surgery/DNA/Confirmed) are larger for better visibility
- Appointment reasons to have a default duration
Anything else you would like to add?
While it has been a big transition, the support has been fantastic and we are so happy we made the change.
To find out more about Dentally get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org