Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information that we collect and hold will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include any or all of the following:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- electronic address(es);
- your role and the name of your practice;
- the nature of any enquiry or request made of us;
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
- other personal information required to provide our services; and
- transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits.
From time to time, you may provide personal information to us, for example for delivery or contact purposes, or to provide you with other services. Where you provide the personal information of a third party (for example when we provide certain support or other services),
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we
may not be able to provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you submit information through our website;
- when you submit information through our products;
- in person or over the telephone;
- in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
- when you have other dealings with us.
We may collect personal information through:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners; and
- third parties who supply services to us.
Why we collect, use and disclose personal information
We will use personal information provided to us for the following purposes:
- establish and maintain your relationship with us;
- provide the products or services you have requested from us;
- process payments;
- provide access to secure services or areas;
- support your use of our products or services;
- personalise your visit to our website;
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website;
- enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- improve our products and services; or
- answer any inquiry you make.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as our:
- service providers;
- marketing and promotional companies; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
We will also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from:
- our related bodies corporate; and
- third parties who provide services to us or with whom we engage for joint marketing campaigns.
The direct marketing may relate to:
- our products and services;
- the products and services of other parties;
- new developments we believe may be of interest to you; or
- events hosted by us which we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will
be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
How we store and protect personal information
We store personal information in a combination of computer and cloud storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where we use secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information is securely transmitted and processed, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Do we send personal information overseas?
We will disclose your personal information, for the purposes described above, to organisations in New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States. We will also disclose personal information to organisations in these countries for data conversion and disaster recovery purposes.
You may request us not to transfer your personal information to the countries listed above, but if you do so we may not be able to provide the services or products you have requested from us.
How you can access your personal information or raise a concern
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address detailed below.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you within 30 days of your request, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information. We will acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information within 30 days of receiving that complaint.
How to contact us
The Privacy Officer
Henry Schein One Australia
3/39 Railway Road
Blackburn, VIC 3130
Last updated August 2021